National Federation of the Blind of Colorado 6 Dot Dash
Presented by Comcast
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
YOU CAN STILL REGISTRATION BY VISITING US AT PACKET PICK UP ON FRIDAY, JUNE 22 FROM 4:30 TO 7:30 PM AT THE COLORADO CENTER FOR THE BLIND AT 2233 W. SHEPPERD AVE., LITTLETON, CO 80120. YOU CAN ALSO REGISTER WITH US ON RACE DAY BETWEEN 8:00 AM AND 8:30 AM
Join the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado for the first annual 6 Dot Dash. The 6 Dot Dash is a 5K Race to raise awareness and funds for Braille Literacy and blindness skills training. The name “6 Dot Dash” comes from the six dots which make up the Braille cell. A combination of these six dots makes up every letter in the Braille alphabet. For individuals who are blind or low vision, these 6 dots represent literacy, independence, and the opportunity to live the lives we want.
The race will begin at the Colorado Center for the Blind (2233 W. Shepperd Ave. Littleton, CO 80120) and will proceed along the beautiful Mary Carter Greenway. This is an out and back course with lots of great volunteers and a well-stocked aid station. This is a GREAT race with awesome SWAG. Participants will receive an official chip time, technical t-shirt, free finisher photos, a finisher medal, entry to the blind beer tasting, and lots of goodies at the race day expo.
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back. The National Federation of the Blind helps blind people across the state of Colorado live the lives we want through:
- World Class Adjustment to Blindness training at our flagship program Colorado Center for the Blind
- Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning summer program for blind youth
- Scholarship Program
- Advocacy for blind people of all ages
- Peer Support for individuals who are blind and low vision
In addition to an awesome 5k and 1 mile fun run, runners can enjoy our race day expo, tours of the Colorado Center for the Blind, and our blind beer tasting. This will be a great event for the whole family!
- Advance Packet Pick up will be available at the Colorado Center for the Blind Friday, June 22nd from 4:30pm-7:30pm
- Race day packet pickup is available from 8:00am – 9:30am on June 24th.
Race Day Schedule
- 8:00am-9:30am packet pick up
- 8:00am-12:00pm event expo
- 10:00am 5k race begins
- 10:15am 1 mile fun run begins
- 10:00am-12:00pm Blind beer tasting
Parking is available at the Colorado Center for the Blind and on surrounding streets. There will be street closure in front of the Colorado Center.